- Annual Luncheon tickets still available until noon on Wednesday, March 22! There’s still a few tables and/or seats left for our Annual Luncheon on Friday, March 24, 2017. Please contact [email protected].
- Luncheon Sponsorship: There’s still time to become a corporate sponsor for our Annual Luncheon on March 24. Please contact [email protected].
- News Release: Saskatchewan’s 2016 workplace time loss injury rate lowest in 64 years. The Saskatchewan WCB’s Chief Executive Officer Peter Federko credits the injury prevention efforts of employers, workers, partners, and the WCB’s own partnership in WorkSafe Saskatchewan and its goal “Mission: Zero” for the significant decreases. Click here for the full news release.
- General Information Bulletin G-17-05 (Service Rig Assessor Non-Assessment Concession Provision): This bulletin is specific to service rig contractors utilizing the Service Rig Competency Program. It describes the 3-year Non-Assessment Concession Provision that replaces the requirement for Assessors to submit one assessment per three year period and resets the Service Rig Assessors certification for an additional three years. Click here for the CAODC Bulletins webpage.
- General Information Bulletin G-17-06 (Operator Requests for Carrier Profile Reports): This bulletin is specific to both drilling and service rig contractors. It advises members that providing customers with a complete copy of their Carrier Profile, either directly or through any database registry, is in violation of both the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP), and recommends how to respond to such requests in the future. Click here for the CAODC Bulletins webpage.
- General Information Bulletin G-17-07 (Operator Requests for COR Element Score Summary): This bulletin is specific to both drilling and service rig contractors. It recommends that members keep their COR element score summaries confidential and recommends how to respond to such requests in the future. Click here for the CAODC Bulletins webpage.
- Industry Review: BOP & Well Control Procedures poster. The CAODC Drilling Rig BOP & Well Control Procedures poster hasn’t been updated since 2009 and we’re asking for your help in updating its content to better reflect current industry practices. Please click <here> for information on how to submit your feedback (log-in required).
- Industry Review: CAODC Recommended Practices. The CAODC is seeking membership feedback for these Recommended Practices:
- RP 1.0 – Inspection and Certification of Masts (DR)
- RP 1.0A – Inspection & Certification of Substructures (DR/SR)
- RP 2.0 – Inspection & Certification of Overhead Equipment (DR)
- RP 3.0 – Inspection and Certification of Masts (SR)
- RP 4.0 – Inspection & Certification of Overhead Equipment (SR)
- RP 5.0 – Inspection & Certification of Manual Rotary Tongs (DR/SR)
To access and download the most current version of each RP, and for instructions on how to provide feedback, please click here.
- Permit Bulletin P-17-01 (Permit for Equivalent Level of Safety (PELS) K1 3309) [Renewal]: This permit provides an exemption to the means of containment requirement referred to in Part 5 of the TDG Regulations for the road transportation of some dangerous goods under certain conditions. For further information associated with this permit, refer to Technical Bulletin T-17-03.
- Permit Bulletin P-17-02 (Permit for Equivalent Level of Safety (PELS) K3 1843) [Renewal]: This permit provides an exemption to having fill out and provide a shipping document when transporting certain dangerous goods under certain conditions. For further information associated with this permit, including a clear language interpretation of the terms and conditions, refer to Technical Bulletins T-17-02 and T-17-03.
CONFERENCES / WEBINARS / PODCASTS
- Global Petroleum Show: Discounted kiosk rate for CAODC members! CAODC members have an opportunity to field a kiosk area at this year’s Global Petroleum Show (Calgary, June 13-15). The event organizers, DMG, are very interested in having rig technology on display, and have offered the CAODC 10 kiosks at cost. Our discounted rate for a kiosk with full hookup is $900 (regular $1,500). If you are interested in participating, please contact [email protected] by Friday, April 14, 2017. We will fill the spots on a first-come, first-served basis.
- U.S. Department of commerce: You’re invited to join a Canadian delegation heading to the Offshore Technology Conference in Houston. The United States Consulate General in Calgary is looking to address cross-border trade, investment, and financing within a range of traditional and innovative sectors. Their hope is to facilitate business and government connections between Alberta and the U.S, with emphasis on small and midsized firms. Thus, any SME looking to expand into the United States markets will likely benefit most from joining the Canadian delegation going down. Any firm who signs up for the delegation will receive; complimentary registration to OTC 2017, export counseling and support services provided by our team, FREE access to the international business center and lounge, and B2B networking opportunities with U.S. companies. Click here for more information.
- Payroll Podcast (Parking as a Taxable Benefit): CRA’s third payroll podcast is aimed at the payroll community and employer in general. Issues such as parking for business reasons, fair market value of a parking spot, and the definition of scramble parking are discussed. Click <here> for information on how to listen to the podcast.
- The Enform Petroleum Safety Conference: This year, the 66th annual Petroleum Safety Conference runs May 2-4, 2017 in Banff, Alberta. The program will examine lessons our industry and community learned from both the Fort McMurray wildfire and economic downturn. Lessons focused on emergency response, crisis communication, safety culture transformation, mental well-being and resiliency. Click here for more information or to purchase tickets.
- OR on the Road: John and Mark will be presenting at the Drumheller Chamber of Commerce Lunch and Learn (March 21, 2017)
- OR on the Road: Mark will be part of an energy panel at Generation Screwed Action Forum at the University of Calgary (March 25, 2017)
- Last chance for Oil Respect toques: Get an OR toque while you still need one! One size fits all!
- Join our new Research Committee! We’re looking for Drilling and Well Servicing members who want to volunteer on a new CAODC committee dedicated to brainstorming ideas for Oil Respect memes and other social media messaging. Please email [email protected] for more information on this new committee!
- Want to host an Oil Respect meet-up at your company? Please email [email protected] to set up an Oil Respect Town Hall for your company!
THE HITCH & SOCIAL MEDIA
- Advertising: Please consider running an ad in the Hitch magazine, Hitch blog, or our Rig Inventory & Directory. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
- We Need You! We at The Hitch are always looking for story ideas and photos. Consider submitting yours to [email protected].
- Social Media: We want to hear from you! Join our conversations on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.